Wednesday 18 June 2008

Mex-italiano night



Ok, so my roomate and I have been trying to save some euro by utilizing our fabulous full in apartment kitchen. I took a trip to the Pamerama, after planning a fahita/mexican rice dinner. I was surprized to find the same kind of Old El Paso fahita kit as they sell at good old Market Basket back home. There were symbols on the box for what the box meal didn't include, so I got the necessary boneless frozen chicken breast meat, red and green peppers, and onions. Once I got home, I sliced up the veggies and cooked them seperatly from the chicken to avoid any saminilla contamination. Even though I'm not sure how to measure with the litter and milla-litter requirements on these packages, I used what I thought was enough water to mix with the spicy powder sauce and let it simmer with the chicken. It all came out great, especially since my roomate made her own family recipe mexican rice, so we had the option of either putting the spicy chicken and veggies on the rice or the packaged tortias-I tried it both ways and added a dollop of salsa and it was agreed that that had been our best meal in Verona so far.

No comments: